Helping people understand procedures and their risks and alternatives so they can make informed, shared decisions about their health care.
Easy, effective eConsent
Informed consent is critical to patient safety while the process of securing informed consent is a central component of person-centered care. Common informed consent processes often give people little time to ask substantive questions, understand risks and alternatives, or decline a procedure.
Our upcoming eConsent solution synthesizes best practices to secure meaningful consent rather than just informed consent:
- Process workflow designed to give patients enough time for contemplation before decision-making where possible.
- Multi-modal patient education on procedures, realistic risk estimates, and alternatives that address various health literacy levels and learning differences.
- Staff training on health literacy concerns and how to improve communications with patients with annual staff education updates.
- Honors the cultural and social norms of the patient population whenever possible.
- Simpler, easy-to-read informed consent forms that incorporate best practices in content length, readability, and visual cues.
- Uses the teach-back method and teach-to-goal strategies where possible to assess patient comprehension.
- Leverages technology to streamline the informed content process, improve patient understanding, enhance patient control, foster active decision making, and ensure the signed consent forms become part of each patient’s electronic medical record.
Hi! We’re technology and education professionals with healthcare backgrounds who have all personally experienced the importance of advance care planning. The Alpha-1 Foundation is a part owner of our company. By using our services, you help their mission to find a cure for alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency and help people breathe.
Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have a question about our services or need help with your advance care planning. Our support team will quickly connect you with the right person.